The debug menu adds a menu to TomTom HOME with the following options:
- Error Console: The error console shows messages dumped to the console. For example when there is something wrong with the manifest files in your extension.
- About:config: In the about:config screen you can configure nearly every setting from HOME. Advanced users only!
- Add-ons: This opens the Add-ons dialog, an important feature is to install extensions from your hard drive. Something that cannot be done with the normal add-on dialog in TomTom HOME
- Password Manager: With the password manager you can view and remove saved account information
- Certificate Manager: Manages the security certificates used in TomTom HOME
Because the posibillity of installing extensions from your hard drive has been disabled in TomTom HOME and it's only enabled after installing this extension, installing is a bit complicated. To install you have to extract debugmenu.zip into TomTom HOME's profile's extensions directory. Procedures for Windows and Mac are a bit different.
On Windows machines the profile folder is in the Application Data directory on your hard drive. The easiest way to get there is to go to Start > Run... and type %appdata% and click OK. In this folder go to TomTom\HOME\Profiles\???.default. This is your profile directory. Note: the ??? are a random code that is different for every computer. Inside your profile is a folder called extensions, go into that folder and extract the debugmenu.zip archive there. Now restart TomTom HOME and a menu item called Debug is visible, the debug menu has been successfully installed.
On Mac you have to open Finder and click your own home folder, usually the one with your name next to it. Within that folder go to Library\Application Support\TomTom HOME\Profiles\???.default. Note: the ??? are a random code that is different for every computer. Inside your profile is a folder called extensions, go into that folder and extract the debugmenu.zip archive there. Now restart TomTom HOME and a menu item called Debug is visible, the debug menu has been successfully installed.
Because TomTom HOME is platform independent the Mac and the Windows version are the same.